[Artemisia] Regional Courts (was Re: Respect and Court)

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Mon Mar 15 18:54:59 CST 2004

The problem with doing regional courts, in my opinion, is that my friends and family are scattered throughout the Kingdom!  I know I am not the only one in this situation.  I would miss a great deal if courts were "regionalized" in such a fashion. (for example, too many roving courts, or baronial courts at large events) Regional courts do occur when Their Majesties come to a local group for a smaller event.  At large events, particularly Uprising or Estrella, many awards are given in some cases because the recipent does not attend many other events where Their Majesties are, or because the reciepient's far flung friends will be there.  When you think about the high proportion of the Artemisian populace that attends an event like that, it is no wonder that so many awards are given.

At the end of the day, as a court herald, I have to keep reminding myself that it is not up to me!  It is up to Their Majesties or Their Excellencies to determine the length of Their courts!!!  All I can do as a herald, is to make it move as smoothly as possible, and to make it entertaining when possible.

All of these things being brought up in these threads about court  are merely ideas.... none of us get to choose the format of court unless we are sitting on the thrones, not in the audience.

As far as the issue of respect and court - if you (as a populace member) are that disinterested in court, please refrain from attending!  Nobody says you have to attend court unless you have agreed to serve on retinue. If a person is going to attend court, it is best to be respectful of all goings-on. *Someone* is interested in it or it wouldn't be going on in court!!

FWIW,
Theodora
(who has gained a whole different perspective since she had to stop being a member of the peanut gallery!)