[Artemisia] Ceremony Texts Needed!

tangl tangl at myway.com
Mon Mar 15 19:46:11 CST 2004

 This was forwarded to me from Caointiarn and is a great scribal text. It can easily be used for ceremonial stuf, with a bit of tweaking to customize it. Tanglscribe Greetings!!    This is text for Lucia and her Scribal  Pirate crew:  didn't realize Ihadn't saved her addy.  Sorry . . . Caointiarn (wannabe Scribe) Award of Arms  Optional Texts: OPENINGS: Be it known that . . . Be it known to all unto whom these present letters may come, that We, . . . Due commendations and greetings from . . . Know ye that . . . . Know all men by these presents, that We, . . . . Let all Gentles and Nobles know by thses letters . . . . Let all know that We, . . . . Proclaim to all gentles and nobles, that . . . . To all  and singular unto whom these presents shall come, . . . Unto all to whom these present letters may come,  Greetings!  Know that We,. . . We, . . .BODY:  (insert King’s first name)  and (insert Queen’s first name), by  Right ofArms King and Queen of  Artemisia, having determined to give an Award ofArms to Our Subject (insert full name of recipient) , for his/her service toOur Kingdom , and having commanded Our heralds to devise a suitable andunique blazon, do hereby award him/her (insert Blazon).  Henceforth he/sheshall have the Sole, Unique and Exclusive Right to bear these Arms in thisthe Kingdom of Artemisia. ENDING: In witness whereof We have hereunto set Our Hand and Seal, this (insertdate) day of (insert month), in the  (insert society year) year of theKingdom of Artemisia. In witness whereof  We have hereunto set Our Hands and Seal, this (insertdate) day of ( insert month),  Anno Societatis (insert Society year), beingthe year (insert modern year) of the Common Era.    Take opening, couple with Body, and Ending, Viola!!  Scroll!   ******      *******      *********        *********         ****************** My own idea of an AoA text.   Pretty cool  (and unique) for our own group:It is the small things that make The Dream a RealityKing Alan1st  CoronationAs it was written so let it be done:____________________________________________________,  having taken to heartthese words,  your deeds have helped Our Kingdom prosper,  Gladdened OurPeoples' hearts and have made Our Dream more real.   Thus, it is OurPleasure to award you with anAward of ArmsAt this time We grant you the Rights and charge you with the Responsibilityof the Rank.  We exhort you to consult with Our Heralds to determine Uniqueand Suitable Arms.By Our hand  this ____ day of __________ Anno Societatis ____________  Gregorian