[Artemisia] Respect and Court - Longish

L.J. Richards xrichards at montana.com
Mon Mar 15 19:45:11 CST 2004

I've been on that end.  Once I was telling a story in a large
hall where you could only perform to 2-3 tables at a time.  I
stopped and was "proceeding on" [sorry, couldn't pass that up] --
when one of the gentlemen said 'where are you going?',
to the next group,
'were you finished?'
you weren't listening,
'sure we were'
I'm not the television....  Besides when you are not paying
attention, i.e, you are talking to someone, rubbernecking or
whatever, in my book you are bored, or, rather, I am boring you,
so why waste both of our time?  And it's rude - I'm rude if I
persist in boring you, and you are rude in talking over me.

Bronwen