[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 6, Issue 25

Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil archergodwin at cableone.net
Mon Mar 15 20:54:14 CST 2004

snip
> They might change things if we gave them our collective permission,
 > but so far, we, as a group, have not indicated that there is
 > any dissatisfaction with court, ...
snip

[Jehane, this will seem like I'm jumping on you. I'm not. Your comment]
[was just a catalyst for me to comment on what's been said up to now.]

Well, I'm pretty sure they have an idea now...

...and I'm sure they'll change it if they want to. But they don't have to.

...it's Their Court, and they may run it as They see fit. They surely
don't need anybody's permission, other than following Societal
guidelines for stating laws and such, to make them binding.

And all the talk about what's period and what's not. Yeah, right. In
period do we actually think some lower noble took the K&Q aside, and said:
"look, we like court and all, but it's really too long. Can you just
give out the big awards and leave the rest for some impromptu gathering.
It's really boring us to tears and"....swish....plop. King's Justice
takes care of another complainant.

If you were lucky, and had favour with the K&Q, you might just keep your
head, and only be asked to "never darken the floor around me with your
shadow again".

Or perhaps many of us don't remember the "smaller" awards, and how they
felt to recieve...how the sight and sound of a multitude clapping can
ring in your ears and heart for a long time.

It doesn't hurt to give that back, and it can be given.

Godwin