[Artemisia] more on Court - Longish

Femmehippiegirl at aol.com Femmehippiegirl at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 10:07:28 CST 2004

again with my few cents...

i think that we occasionally treat our royalty with an unhealthy mix of
condescension and fear.  (my spell check tells me i typed
"condensation"...hmmmm....)

i for one am willing to go out on a limb here and say that these worthy folks
are not idiots for pete's sake.  if one tells them honestly, "loved your
court your majesty but those gift presentations get a bit long, dontcha know" they
will listen with the same respect they accord everyone else and probably not
shout "off with your head!"  no need to hide opinions and put on pretty smiles
 in order to play the game.  weighing what's worth talking about and what's
not is always wise. (imagine all the frantic, heated conversations you could
avoid if you'd just kept your mouth shut about whether or not whatchamacallits
were period or just fun!)  however, no royal personage worth their weight in
ferrets is going to bestow a peerage on someone or, conversely, banish them from
the kingdom for expressing a well thought out opinon in a respectful and
interested manner.

courts are, of course, ultimately run by those in the expensive seats.
they've earned the right to be there and should play that to the hilt while it
lasts.  i for one love a good reign.  it makes things fun to watch.  but our
royals are not immune to the opinion or the requests of the populace.  if they
were, award recommendations would mean nothing and no one would be bored at court
because it would be a vast an empty wasteland.

i'm absolutely positive that we all know who's running the show.  who would
have it otherwise?  it's more fun with reigning royalty and no one has ever
suggested that they don't deserve their proper due.  but i have a feeling that
even though every reigning personage has an idea about how they'd like things to
go, that fresh and interesting ideas are always welcome.

ramona...packing for thailand...

Naquiba Raym bint Qasim al-Andalusi
Once and Future Geek