[Artemisia] more on Court

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Tue Mar 16 10:42:31 CST 2004

Okay, I've watched and read as my mailbox has overflown with repartee and
response on this, so now it's my turn-

If you aren't enjoying Court, get up quietly and leave, no one is making you
stay.

If you want Court to be shorter, ask TRM/TE how you can help to keep things
running smoothly and on schedule.  If you aren't willing to step up and DO
SOMETHING about it, you have no right to complain about it.

I'm of two minds on the heckling thing, but I will point out that, for
several Kings (John of England, to name one), records do indicate that
conversation during Court did, at times, reflect our "heckling".  A
well-timed, well-placed, subtle comment can do alot to keep things light,
fun, and moving along, but some folks may be getting carried away with it.
I will say that heckling a performance is just unchivalrous.

I'm all in favor of speaker rocks and hidden mikes, my only recurring
question is where do you get a generator QUIET enough to not be more of a
nuisance than assistance?

Having said all that, I'll point out that I haven't been to Court in almost
a year and a 1/2, so what do I know.

Bonheddr Morgan Blaidd Du,
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and