[Artemisia] Heraldic question

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Mar 19 09:22:28 CST 2004

Greetings!

> To our wondrous Artemisian heralds, cyfarchion!
> I have a question.  Back in the "Olden Days" I made a herald's cloak
(green,
> with the gold crossed trumpets on the back) which I used quite often in my
> various heraldic positions.  I just found it, and wondered if such were
used
> anymore and, if so, by whom.  I've seen several tabards of late, but no
cloaks.
> Just wondering,
> An old used herald,
> Rhonwen

Back when we were a part of Atenveldt, the various rank or level of herald
was to wear certain types of tabard, baldric or cloak. Now that we are our
own Kingdom, that sort of distinction has been done away with. Any
representation of the crossed horns that you care to make/wear/display
is fine while you are 'on duty' or wish to be know as an available herald.

Some of us don't need to wear the crossed trumpets, as we are known
simply as 'herald' [my license plate does give me away:-)], but that is the
subject of another thread entirely.

Wear the cloak with pride! Thank you for reminding us of our history,
too - your historical pages on Loch Salann are wonderful!

Shauna