[Artemisia] Heraldic question

Mary Hodges hodgemary at onewest.net
Fri Mar 19 10:16:26 CST 2004

What are tabards, or cloaks etc for official (shire, baronial or
kingdom) heralds supposed to look like?  Plain vert with straight
trumpets in saltire, bells to chief or? Or are the arms of the territory
  added some how?  I like to see heraldic regalia, I think it adds
pageantry  (Is that grammatical?  It sounds *wrong*?).
Jehane