[Artemisia] Heraldic question

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Mar 19 10:21:28 CST 2004

Greetings!

> What are tabards, or cloaks etc for official (shire, baronial or
> kingdom) heralds supposed to look like?  Plain vert with straight
> trumpets in saltire, bells to chief or? Or are the arms of the territory
>   added some how?  I like to see heraldic regalia, I think it adds
> pageantry  (Is that grammatical?  It sounds *wrong*?).
> Jehane

_The following is just my personal opinion, and not any sort of official
statement!_

Generic herald - green with crossed trumpets (you would not believe the typo
I almost did!) :-D

If you are a branch herald, you can wear the arms of the branch you are
representing while you are 'on duty'.

If you want to represent Artemisia, the Kingdom Arms WITHOUT the crown
unless you are Golden Crown Herald (or acting as the Voice of the Crown) is
okay, but I have done the gryphons and laurel wreath as applique.
_That_ was difficult!

I would go with a populace badge, myself, once we get one registered, as
that will be much easier to put onto fabric. YMMV

Shauna