[Artemisia] Fw: [Announcements] Membership Milestone!

Theodora (AKA Rachael) thea at knownworldweb.com
Thu Mar 18 09:44:32 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Moore, Linda" <Linda.Moore at mam.org>
To: "'announcements at sca.org'" <announcements at sca.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 04:41 AM
Subject: [Announcements] Membership Milestone!

 Greetings, fellow members of the SCA.

 The SCA has reached a membership milestone!  As of February 29, 2004, we
 have 31,362 members of the SCA worldwide.

 This marks a huge growth for the SCA, acquiring 5,312 new members since
 February, 2003. For comparison, that means we added more members in one
 year than we did in all of the years combined from 1993 - 2003 (4058).
 Membership numbers by year are available at
 http://www.sca.org/officers/treasurer/welcome.html.

 Below is a breakdown by kingdom of total current members, in order of
 size.  This includes all levels of membership: International,
 Sustaining, Associate and Family.

 Middle - 5101
 An Tir - 3416
 East - 3167
 Meridies - 2361
 Atlantia - 2238
 Caid - 1931
 Ansteorra - 1829
 Atenveldt - 1586
 Outlands - 1567
 West - 1555
 Aethelmearc - 1439
 Calontir - 1271
 Trimaris - 1237
 Artemesia - 790
 Drachenwald - 736 *
 Ealdormere - 578
 Lochac - 560 *

 Thank you all for your support of the SCA!

 Linda Moore
 Chairman, SCA Inc.

 *Please note that Lochac's numbers include 537 members of the SCA-Australia
 and 23 members of the SCA, Inc.; likewise, Drachenwald's numbers include 639
 members of SCA, Inc., and 97 members of the affiliated corporation covering
 Finland, Suomen Keskiaikaseura Ry (SKA).
 Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
 SCA Inc.
 Box 360789
 Milpitas,  CA 95036

 You may also email comments at sca.org or reply to this message.