[Artemisia] court reports, etc.

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Sun Mar 21 21:28:07 CST 2004

Greetings!

>So, here's a question.  (I know, stirring stuff up, but I am curious)
>When was the last time there were printed/published court reports?
>Ja'mala

Speaking from a purely observer role, now [remember, I have no official say
in such things anymore]:

To answer your question, I don't think that reports have been published
consistently since we went Kingdom, though Mistress Iduna's event writeups
do certainly contain information on awards given at major events like
Coronation, Crown Tourney and others like Uprising and Gryphon's Fury.

The requirement to publish court reports was an Atenveldt one, and was not
carried over into Artemisian Kingdom Law as of the last reprinting I have
available to me (1999, I believe). The only requirement for the OP to be
'printed' is that it is supposed to be generally available and also that
copies are to be provided to each incomng King and Queen. This requirement
has been variously interpreted by the different individuals who have held
the position since we became a Kingdom. I provided a bound or  3-hole
punched paper copy. My successor, Viscountess Courtney, provided printed
updates. The current office holder has an on-line version that is as
up-to-date as his information allows, so getting those reports in is still
crucial.

In the future, whoever is Golden Wing Principal Herald and/or Wormwwod
Pursuivant may want to publish court reports, but for now it is not required
for the awards to be official.

Again, this is just my understanding of things and I could be wrong about
this.

Shauna of Carrick Point
long-time OP geek/herald :-)