[Artemisia] Non member surcharge - was RE: Uprising

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Wed Mar 24 18:35:08 CST 2004

I don't recall anything that says that the hosting group is not allowed to charge their own non member surcharge.  Groups did it all the time in the days prior to the SCA Corp-rat mandated $3.00 fee.  Then, as now, I am sure the difference will go to the local group.

At an event, there is a *minimal* added expense for a non member attending an event.  (for example - copying and mailing the waivers to the Kingdom waiver secretary).

On a personal note, I would like to add that I think an additional two dollars is a bit steep for NMS.  However, maybe it is an incentive for people to *JOIN*!

Thea (rabblerouser)

p.s.  What *were* the exact site fees last year?