[Artemisia] Cost of Uprising

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 08:04:00 CST 2004

Greetings,

I'm just picking on this one because it actually has the costs involved.  For those of you who don't remember, Uprising has cost very nearly this much before (about four years ago I think).  The Barony lowered the prices at one point and are now raising them back to something that is more reasonable.

If you're really interested in knowing why Uprising prices have raised, I'd suggest you go online and price the cost of Porta-lets, shower trucks, 40x60 pavilion rental and add 4-5K for the site.  Once you have those totals . . . .(which don't include ANY of the details) then you'll have some idea of why the prices are set how they are.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I've autocratted Uprisings and been intimately involved in it many times so I know what I'm talking about.  Rest assured that as Bethoc points out, you're not being gouged.

As for Non-member fee's.  I have no sympathy for those people who have to pay non-member fee's.  Artemisia needs as many members as she can get and I would personally advocate MUCH higher fee's for non-members (not necessarily first timers, but certainly those who've been playing A WHILE) than the Barony is suggesting.  That money could be called a 'kingdom tax' and given directly to Kingdom.  Sort of a 'fund raiser'.  But thats just my suggestion.

I encourage everyone to just get a membership and make the whole debate moot.

Very sincerely,
Sir Conrad von Zuberbuhler
Fifth Baron of One Thousand Eyes

leishman10 at juno.com wrote:
I'm going to put my foot in it and say:

Do the math folks.

Adult 22.00
Event = 4 full days (1/2 day, 1 full day, 1 full day, 1 full day, 1/2
day)
That comes to just 5.50 a day.

And on the $5 surcharge... if you were paying $3 per day... as you would
if this was a one day event, that would come to $12, not $5... so look at
it as if you are actually saving $7. If you were a dues paying member,
you wouldn't be paying this at all.

Now, where else can you get this much entertainment, and camp in a place
with showers available... for this meager amount of money?

I for one am more than happy to pay the additional cost.

Thanks for once again offering this wonderful event.

In service
Bethoc