[Artemisia] Cost of Uprising

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Thu Mar 25 21:02:44 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Heisler Jr." <conradvz at yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Cost of Uprising

> Hi Morgan, my not so old but still dear friend,

Not so old? What ain't graying ain't staying, as they say.

> Well, you have to trust people a little.  In answer to your question.  I
know you're not a newbie and so do most people.

> I also am a big fan of letting a person into their first event free, even
if it happens to be Uprising.  As I pointed out, I don't think charging
someone five bucks extra for their first event is reasonable, but charging
YOU (who should have a dang membership) the extra five bucks is more than
reasonable.  Not to pick on you alone.  I do mean any player who has played
a little and should be able to get a membership.  Some people can't get a
membership, I guess, and in those cases, they are penalized.  But as I said,
my sympathy is thin for most.

> So, you just have to know who's coming and trust people when they say its
their first event.  But that second event, they'd better be working on their
membership.

> Right?
>
> C.

I think that after their first event, they'll at least be aware that if they
don't  get their membership, there will be an additional fee.  And those old
farts (like me) who let their membership lapse are definitely aware that
they will be charged, so should just lump it.  The local group adding to
that still bothers me, though.

Bonheddr Morgan Blaidd Du,
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and