[Artemisia] Uprising fees and NMS

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 08:11:54 CST 2004

Greetings,

Master Angus says:

"If all the money collected for nonmember surcharges goes to Milpitas,
then why are you charging 60% more than the official required nonmember
surcharge?"

And I concur completely with this point of view.  Giving extra money to the corporation, voluntarily, irks me as well.

However, with all respect, I think their Excellencies of One Thousand Eyes misspoke.  I think that only $3 of the NMS goes to Milpitas and the rest goes to Kingdom.  At least that was my impression of how the system worked.

Now, if I am the one that is incorrect, I'm sorry for confusing everyone, but I honestly think that it is only $3 standard that goes to HQ.

Sincerely,
Conrad v. Z.

Brett S Bowen <sheiksadiq at juno.com> wrote:
Okay, I have to put my foot in it now.

If all the money collected for nonmember surcharges goes to Milpitas,
then why are you charging 60% more than the official required nonmember
surcharge? Do you feel it is your personal responsibility to keep the
Society liquid by the unnecessary gouging of those who are not members?

Before you jump on the "this is to encourage you to get a membership"
bandwagon again, . . . .