[Artemisia] Fabric suggestion

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 19:23:30 CST 2004

In a message dated 3/28/2004 4:46:40 PM Mountain Standard Time,
carynvnk at comcast.net writes:
Greetings:
When I have a fabric that I hope is washable, I cut a piece out of one
corner. Then I lay it flat on a piece of paper and trace around it. Then I
safety-pin it to something (usually a bath towel) of similar color that's
going in the laundry.

That way I can find the piece again easily when it's done. I lay it over the
tracing to see if it shrank, and assess its general condition. If it came
out OK, it's washable. If it didn't, whether or not I will use it depends on
whether I'm willing to spend more money on dry cleaning.
Hope this helps!
Caryn
What a wonderful suggestion.  It will save me the disappointment I have found
in the past of washing fabric I intend to use only to discover that it has
shrunk, wrinkled, or even changed color entirely.  Such a simple solution, yet
one I never thought of.  Makes it easy to see why Caryn is known far and wide
for her clever ways with fabrics, stitches, and garb (among many other things).

Lady Constance de la Rose
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia