[Artemisia] Alternate Titles

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Mon Mar 29 18:18:00 CST 2004

Unfortunately, Ambrose, SCA convention does not mirror historical conventions in this case.  It has been pointed out to me on numerous occasions from a variety of people that SCA titles are fairly arbitrary in their ranking.  The titles themselves may be historically accurate, but the manner in which we use them is not necessarily correct.

I am in the process of doing a couple of research papers to be (hopefully) entered in Kingdom Arts and Sciences competition.  One will be on medieval courts and ceremonies, and the second will be on SCA conventions and how they are the same/different as medieval practices.

If I find anything on this subject, I will be sure to share.

Theodora