[Artemisia] Marquis question

tangl tangl at myway.com
Mon Mar 29 22:33:56 CST 2004

 I remember Marquis and Marquessa being equivalent to County titles. Maitresse and Stapana equal Mistress, but are totally not period precisely, simply regional. ban-Iarla is equal to Countessa, and Marquessa. Just because it isn't in the Titles list doesn't mean it doesn't have an equivalent. It has been my experience that all titles aside from Viscounty, Ducal, and Baronial titles seem to be equated with County rank, and this is really the only place people can express their regional personas in their names. Once you get the strawberry leaves, you're a Duke/Duchess. If you're sitting a throne, you're given the chance to have a little play, such as Konig or Sultan, but it seems the place they give you play is during your County time! And if this is a Heraldic decision, then dag-nabbit, I can, at least, acknowledge the regional choice for Artemisia. I should do *something* after all! ;D TanglMaitresse