[Artemisia] Loch Salann Melee Madness

ravenmacleod at comcast.net ravenmacleod at comcast.net
Thu May 20 15:02:18 CDT 2004

Loch Salann Melee Madness
June 5, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT

   The annual Loch Salann Melee Madness event will occur June 5th at Rotary Glen Park at the mouth of Emigration Canyon in Salt Lake City, UT (sorry about that folks, it’s a long story).  The site will officially open at 9:00 AM and close at 10:00 PM.  Opening announcements are tentatively planned for 10:30 AM (or
whenever HE Tryggvar and the event steward think that enough fighters have shown up). In keeping with sacred, honored and moss-covered tradition, the mood of the event will be laid-back and mellow.  The rule of combat is no one-on-one battles; i.e. all challenges must have a minimum of two fighters vs.one.  So
far, we have a William Marshal Tourney, a three-fighter team free-for-all and a Meanest Mother Tourney planned for the fighters and some activities planned for the young people, but we’re open to any other ideas you have.  To get in the most fighting, the earlier the fighters begin fighting, the better (and cooler) it will be; take the hint.

   If you’ve ever wanted to run/sponsor an activity/contest fighting or non-fighting) this is the place to do it; just clear it with the autocrat and appropriate coordinator.  Participants are encouraged to come early, bring a picnic lunch, and pick a place amidst the trees or bring a sunshade (preferably free-standing or with very short stakes, so we don’t puncture the park’s extensive sprinkler system).  This is a very dry site!  Because this is a city park, anyone bringing alcoholic beverages on site or found to be in an
inebriated condition will be politely asked to leave immediately!  Merchants for provisions and gastronomic repasts are only 5-10 minutes away, fires are permitted only in formally developed firepits and fireplaces, and hot stoves, grills or hibachis are not permitted on top of any picnic tables.  The only running water source in the park is the water fountains, so bring water, if
possible.  Pets are welcome if accompanied by responsible owners.  Cars can be unloaded at the field, but should be parked in the lot at the entry to the park (about 600 ft. away) immediately afterwards.

    The site is free is but we are accepting donations at the gate.

Directions:

    From the north:  Take I-15 to the 4th S. exit.  Follow 4th S. east to Sunnyside Ave. (the road will turn into 5th S. and Foothill Blvd. on the way, don’t worry about it).  Turn left on Sunnyside, past Hogle Zoo.  The site is east of the zoo; watch closely for the turn in, it’s a tricky one!

   From the south:  Take I-15 to the 6th S. exit, turn left on 3rd W., go north two blocks, turn right on 4th S., and follow previous instructions.

Event Steward/Fighting Coordinator:
Sir Michael the Lucky (Michael Huston)
801-774-8181 or 645-5651
e-mail:  sirmll at aol.com

Non-fighting Activities Coordinator:
Mistress Bengta Rolfsdottir ( Karen Slutz)
801-774-8181 or 645-5650
e-mail:bengta1 at aol.com