[Artemisia] Bardic at Uprising!

Julia H. West julia.west at sff.net
Fri May 21 02:48:14 CDT 2004

Cyfarchion (Greetings), all good folk who will be attending Uprising in
Artemisia in June.

After a long day of fighting or classes, what better way to spend an evening
than raising your voices in song (or listening to those who would love to
regale you)?

Dust off your songbooks, refresh your memories, tune your guitars, and warm
up your voices for the evening bardic circles at Uprising this year. Wednesday
through Saturday evenings, whenever the Great Pavilion is not in use, we'll
be singing those songs--old or new, period, original, or filk--dear to SCA
folk. You can try out your newest song before an appreciative audience. You can
even just come and listen--request a song, and see if you can stump the bards.

On Friday night, the racket from the Torchlight Great Sword Tourney may make
bardic performance difficult, so we will wait until after the tourney to
begin our revels.

Bring a cloak, a lantern, drinkables, instruments, and songbooks, and join
the bardic circle. Stay for an hour or stay all night, but please come.

Contact Meistres Rhonwen y Llysieuyddes at julia.west at sff.net with any
questions. I hope to hear you there!