[Artemisia] Fleur-de-lis

Naima ladywolf89 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 20:52:22 CDT 2004

this is a cute little tidbit I found a couple days ago
if you already know this info, cool, if not then here
it is (the professional historian that I am just HAS
to share hehehe)

The Fleur-de-lis the Emblem of Royalty
(word for word from my little flower brochure)
The symbol of elegance, refinement and opulence, the
iris has been cherished by kings, queens and gardeners
since the beginning of history.  During the Crusades,
Louis VII of France chose the iris as his personal
symbol, known as the Fleur-de-Louis,which later became
Fleur-de-lis.  Ever since, the stylized iris has been
the symbol of French Royalty.  it glistened on the
robes of the Sun King, Louis XIV.  It is etched,
carved, and gilded into every corner of Versailles,
the pleasure chateau of French kings.  And in the
gardens of this paradise, the noble iris still reigns
supreme.

(it's a brochure on Iris Collections from Spring Hill
Nursuries) hehe

Naima (entering in last history thoughts before she moves)

=====
Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
Shire of Bronzehelm
Kingdom of Artemisia

Don't let other people's littleness bring out the littleness in you!