[Artemisia] "that silly law"

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Sat May 29 11:37:34 CDT 2004

>Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:46 PM
Would anyone happen to know if  that silly (IMO) law preventing advanced
scheduling of events has been rescinded?   (I have been out of the loop for
a while & might have missed the good news)  ;o)

Thank you,
Ja'mala<

    I don't know if you received a reply,  and if you are refering to
Kingdom Law: IX Events, J: " The location of Kingdom level events shall be
determined by the Crown who will be reigning at the time of the event."

    the answer is no. <said with a heavy sigh>

 Personally, I think that is what the Convocation/Calendar Meeting should be
doing.  Not just "penciling in" Kingdom events, but also stating who the
hosting Branch will be.  I say this because then I can PLAN when I need to
take TIME off from work to TRAVEL to Kingdom Events.  A specific example?
This past Coronation -- yes, there was 3 months of warning,  as to possible
site, but all my vacation time had already been allocated for other
events/activities.   Some  Bosses  aren't receptive to "changing plans"
Some people have to ask for vacation/time off many months in advance.  So,
you don't need a full day to travel to an event, that's a vacation day
wasted.  I don't have the luxury of "wasting" time off.

    Moreover, before people start in with  "half the fun of Coronation is
being hosted by the home group"  there has already been past Coronations
that weren't hosted by the home group.   I do not believe those Crowns felt
their day diminished.

Stirring the pot . . . . .
Maistreas Caointiarn