[Artemisia] Summer reading program--A CHALLENGE!

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 12:33:02 CST 2004

Thanks for the info about the 2005 summer reading program!  What a great
theme!  What a great opportunity to improve relations between the SCA and
local communities!  What a great way for the youth in the SCA to get
involved!

I think you would be hard pressed to find a body of people who spend more
time in the library than SCAdians.  I now issue a challenge to all the
groups of Artemisia--especially the youth.  Contact your community libraries
and offer your services in helping them promote literacy next summer.  The
group or person who comes up with the best activity will win a prize (I may
actually give several prizes depending on the response I get).  When you
have completed your activity, send me a description of what you did and some
kind of proof that you did it.  This could be a photo of you reading to a
bunch of smiling kids, a copy of a letter of thanks from the library staff,
signatures from kids you performed for, etc.  All entries must be postmarked
by September 30, 2005.   A committee consisting of the youth in the Shire of
Cote du Ciel will review the entries and will decide which activity they
like best.  The winner(s) will be announced at Crown List in October 2005.
The prizes will be . . . Books! (what else would it be :)  I will donate
books or book gift certificates for your group's SCA library or to your
community library in your name.

Rebecca