[Artemisia] Gryphon Scroll of Honor

HL Isabeau de Sevingy badsquire at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 16:12:07 CST 2004

To my Artemisian cousins,

Once again I find that the loss of another of my friends is like a kick in the stomach. In the past 21 years I have lost many dear to me, and have seen the passing of many I did not know as well but feel that I should have. After the loss a few years ago of my friend Albreda in Loch Salann, I began toying with the idea of a website devoted to those we've lost. Not as a place of mourning, but rather as a celebration of the lives we loved so much.  Artemisia is still a very young Kingdom, and we have sustained more than our fair share of loss in recent years, adding to those lost in the days of being a Principality. Enough have gone ahead that I feel the need for something to happen, something like a website.

It's an idea who's time has come. Therefore, I am placing an open request to the populace of Artemisia.

I am compiling informationon those that our Kingdom has lost. Please send me any information you may have on Artemisians who have passed on. I an hoping for their mundane and SCA names, titles and awards, any information available as to when they passed away and perhaps the circumstances, photos of them, and most importantly, your stories about their lives in Artemisia. Don't worry if any part of the wish list is missing. Send me what you have and I will research the rest.

I will then take all the information and build a website for Artemisians to house and share their memories. I thought to call it the Gryphon Scroll of Honor. If there is issue with this name, please let me know.

It will take time for me to get the website up and running, however, in time we will all have a place to go to celebrate the lives of our lost friends, to gaze unce again upon their faces, share stories of lives and to remember.

Thank you all so very much,
HL Isabeau de Sevingy