[Artemisia] Archery information for Estrella XXI

Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Sun Nov 21 21:22:16 CST 2004

Good gentles of  Artemisia, once again the call to war echoes throughout
the land.
Once again, Our King has beckoned the archers to come forth by sending
the bended bow throughout Artemisia's lands.
That call that our archers know all too well...
Harken unto that bow, and to the King which sent it! For barely 3 months
hence shall the battle commence for Gryphon and Stag, fighting side by side.
I add mine own call to those whom I have before had the pleasure of
shooting beside, to come - again, and shoot with me. Shoot to stem the
tide of our foes.

Artemisia needs officers in her archery corp to attend. Estrella
requires that besides the "Principal Archer", 4 more marshals are
required, for a total of 5 Warranted Target Archery Marshals, for range
administration. Our date of required range administration, will be on
Friday, February 18th, from 8am to 4pm. We will be marshalling that day,
along with Atenveldt.

MARSHALS: Please contact me and let me know of your intention to attend
or not, this Estrella War XXI. [ archergodwin at cableone.net ]

For viewing of the Archery Treaty for Estrella War XXI, please use this
link:
http://www.estrellawar.org/files/EWXXIAppendixB.pdf

There will be twelve novelty shoots on Friday and twelve on Saturday,
with fairly strict time schedules.

This year however, holds another prize ready for the taking. Not only do
we get to ply our craft at the archery butts, but at this Estrella War,
we get to show off the products of our craft and of our research. One of
the A&S categories this year is:

"Archery Equipment
Defined as a single item that was used as Archery Equipment within the
scope of our time period of study
(Pre_17th century). Any medium that is appropriate to the period is
acceptable."

*ROAR FROM THE CROWD*

Please view this link, for the A&S rules:
http://www.estrellawar.org/files/EWXXIAppendixA.pdf

Even if you cannot attend Estrella War XXI, you can still craft an item
for entry, and find someone to ferry it to War for you.

I ask that all reading this, plan to craft an item of archery equipment
to send to War. for example:
bowstrings, bows, arrows, quivers, arrow points...etc. Take a good look
at your books in your personal libraries. A decent looking presentation
and documentation, is most helpful and necessary at this level.

Good practicing, planning and crafting I send to all of you,
Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil: GHA, CGP
Kingdom Archer General,
Kingdom of Artemisia.