[Artemisia] Estrella Youth Collegium

Estrella Collegium estrellacollegium21 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 13:31:13 CST 2004

Youth Collegium needs you!!!

The Estrella War Collegium is off to a wonderful start this year, with diverse classes being taught by a variety of teacher from across the Known World.  Separate from this we are offering a Collegium for the Youth of the Known World, which will consist of classes offered for their age groups. We currently have classes in Embroidery, Lucet Cording, Favor Making, Felt-Ball Making, Sushi Making, Fabric Beading and a Youth Bardic Workshop.  We would love to have more and need your help!!

Please take this opportunity to foster interest in the Arts and Sciences and teach the Youth of our Society your expertise.  All classes will have to go the Estrella Seneschal Review process, please specify that this class is for the Youth Collegium and Specify which age group(s) it is appropriate for.  Teacher sign-up forms are available on the website (http://www.estrellawar.org/a_and_s-collegium.html) Feel free to email as an attachment to the A&S Autocrat.

If you have any questions on teaching at the War please contact the A&S autocrats or the Youth Coordinator.

Thank You!!!

Lady Turrel, A&S Autocrat (EstrellaCollegium21 at yahoo.com)

Lady Elizabeth, Youth Coordinator (elizabethiames at hotmail.com)

Some class ideas:

Children Ages 5 – 9:

Marzipan and edible play dough

Sugar cube castles

Stain glass windows (paper)

Viking beads or spice beads

Candle dipping

Persona development

Personal Heraldry

Puppets (hand)

How to address royalty

What to do if you are called upon in court

Youth Ages 10 – 13:

Frescoes

Casting with water putty (no heat)

Illumination

Kumihimo

Weaving on a cardboard loom

Singing, simple songs and rounds

Cup covers

Viking beads or spice beads

Candle dipping

Persona development

Personal heraldry

Silk banner making with heraldry

Kite making

Puppets (hand)

Bookbinding Class

A&S Competition documentation

Calligraphy

How to address royalty

What to do if you are called upon in court

Drop spindle

Teen’s ages 13-17 (some may be for 15 and up)

Wire wrapped jewelry
Persona development

Personal heraldry

Silk banner making with heraldry