[Artemisia] From the Sable Plume Pursuivant

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Wed Nov 24 17:46:45 CST 2004

Greetings, Artemisians!
I have had the distinct pleasure and honor of being chosen to serve all of you as the Sable Plume Pursuivant. For those who do not know, this office oversees the production of scrolls for awards given by Their Majesties of Artemisia. I am aware that there are many of you who have never received scrolls for your awards - it is my desire to help with this matter. Please read the following procedures to get your scroll added to the backlog. Even if you have already made a request for a scroll, I ask that you resubmit your request so that I may ensure that you are not overlooked. At this time, I am unable to accept requests for Baronial award scrolls. I also ask for your patience as I work, with the assistance of many others, to get these scrolls assigned while meeting the needs of the current scroll assignments for the current reign.
WHO MAY REQUEST A SCROLL FROM THE SABLE PLUME PURSUIVANT?
Anyone having received an award from Their Majesties of Artemisia during any reign of the Kingdom who DID NOT receive a scroll at all. No Kingdom scrolls will be added to the backlog if a handcrafted scroll was presented at the time of the award, regardless of whether or not the recipient later registers armory with the College of Heralds. Those recipients may privately commission a scroll.
POLICIES FOR ADMINISTRATION OF THE SCRIBAL BACKLOG
1. All requests MUST be made IN WRITING to the Sable Plume Pursuivant. Email is acceptable. No phone requests will be honored, as there are too many possibilities for errors.
2. All the following information must be included in order to have a scroll placed on the backlog: Recipient's SCA name (as used and/or as registered with the College of Heralds)Recipient's modern name and contact informationName of Award Date (and, if possible) event where award was givenName(s) of royalty giving the award
3. Assignments will be made based on the length of time that has passed since the award was given, whether or not the recipient has heraldry registered with the College of Heralds (especially in the case of awards bestowing arms), and the date of the request. When a scroll is assigned to a scribe, that scribe will contact the award recipient in order to determine style and other information.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH THIS PROCESS:
Let me know! You do not have to be an accomplished calligrapher or illuminator to start. There will be plenty of chances to learn. Even if you don't think you are artistic, there are other duties that I need help with, such as writing scroll texts, data entry, and database/website design. If you are willing to help in any capacity, please contact me. You are also invited to join the email list which may be found at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artemisian_scribes/
Thank you for your time and kind attention. I look forward to hearing from you.
For the glory of Artemisia,
THL Theodora of Trebizond (Thea)
Contact info:  1055 Wilson Ave. #2 Salt Lake City, UT 84105
sableplume at myway.com
ladythea at myway.com

"You are all learners, doers, teachers." -Richard Bach