[Artemisia] Laurels' Prize Tourney at Loch Salann Solstice Court

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 23:33:34 CST 2004

Greetings everyone,
This is a reminder of the Laurels' Prize Tourney at Loch Salann Solstice
Court on Dec. 11.

The premise of the Laurels' Prize is that non-Laurel artists display their
work and sit with it, and the Laurels and other folk walk through the
display area and talk with the artists about their work. This is a splendid,
stress-free opportunity for all to learn from each other.

The prize part comes when those who visit the displays reward the artists
with tokens of their appreciation. Small, inexpensive tokens are nice,
useful tokens are better, and things made by the Laurels themselves are
best. I always try to have one or two special larger gifts to give to
someone who really impresses me or who is working in my specialty areas.

No documentation or sponsorship is required to enter (however, if you want
to show your documentation, feel free to bring it.) With Mst. Bengta's
concurrence, I plan to have the displays set up immediately after opening
court, to run during the peers' meetings. If you have a table for your
display, please bring it. Please provide a card with your name and home
group, to sit in your display, so that those who don't know you can learn
your name.

We will close the Prize Tourney at 4:00 PM so space and preparations can be
made for the Precedence March and the feast.

Please plan to come and participate and have fun! I'll be looking forward to
seeing lots of fine displays of talent and skill.
Thank you
Caryn von Katzenberg, OL