[Artemisia] Spears

Tim Brunson simply_tim at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 09:08:30 CDT 2004

Greetings to the list,

My apologies to Ulric for the dessenting opinion, but the last official word was only 9 ft spears in Artemisia.

And I agree, a tall spear in camp to show off a banner and mark your location is very eye catching.

Thomas

Jeff Webster <red_belt at msn.com> wrote:
as of this minute, 10 ft spears are allowed in the Kingdom of Artemisia (per
the marshallate standards) 9 ft spears are allowed in Atenveldt (for
Estrella War) and 12 ft spears are allowed in An Tir (for Honor War and
others)
Sorry if my past post was a little misleading. Of course any length is legal
for your banner in your encampment, so a 20 ft "spear" that had your banner
on it, and that did not bow or bend in the wind, would also be a good
addition to your collection. :o)

Ulric

>From: Eric & Mary Ward

>Subject: RE: [Artemisia] Spears
>Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:23:15 -0600
>
>Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that spears may be
>no more than 9 feet in length for use in combat in this kingdom. At war,
>in another kingdom, is an entirely different case, of course.
>
>Owen ap Howell
>

>>Hey Vlad,
>>There are two that I have personally dealt with, both are good.
>>One is Mandrake Armory at:
>>http://www.mandrakearmory.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
>>then look under the "weapons" tag on the left side. They come in 9 foot
>>only, black or red fiberglass shafts.
>>The other one is Wyndsyngyr's War Gear (ebay store) at:
>>http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll
>>GetResult&sid=31025215&fp=0&srchdesc=y&query=sca+armor
>>They will sell you spears any length up to 20 ft. at 3 dollars a foot plus
>>shipping. It will be good to go here if you want 10 footers or 12 footers.
>>
>>Hope this helps,
>>Ulric
>>
>>(who is spear poor, I have 6)

That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

"It's just an operating system, not a religion" - John Gowin