[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 13, Issue 12

Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Fri Oct 8 23:37:22 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----

I have to echo HL Ulric's post.

A statement by the Crown at an event is a viable means to alter a given
statement in Kingdom law. E-mails sent from one Kingdom Officer to
another, is considered official communication.

Are either of these methods a good way to communicate important changes
to existing rules, no. Are they allowed, yes.

Statements made on e-mail lists are not "official" communication, and
Kingdom officers are requested to not disseminate information that way.

(I'm reading the current Seneschal's Handbook btw)...

There needs to be a way to post "official" edicts, or changes to rules
quickly, without having to wait for entire handbooks to change. At that
point in time, e-mail notifications pointing to the location of the new
rule could be sent. I can see having several "staged" rule "ammendments"
waiting to be written into the Kingdom Law book, but still being visible
to the populace until that time. At some point or points during the
year, these ammendments can be written into the books.

This situation illustrates marvelously just how bad communication is in
this Kingdom at every level, and I include myself in that stack.

Godwin