[Artemisia] malkins surgery update

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Oct 13 07:44:32 CDT 2004

Goodness, how frustrating!
And frankly, it sounds like they handed you a huge load of...(oops,
maire, family list, remember)...uhm, fertilizer.  I've never heard such
nonsense! (let alone such nasty rudeness--who the f..., uhm, just what
do they think they are doing in the medical profession, if not helping
people?)
I was pushing 40 when I had my first knee surgery (the ACL replacement),
and, well, over that when I had my second.  And there is no way on god's
green earth that I could be anything except, well, large.  I don't
remember pre-surgery PT coming up for me, ever, although I know it did
for a friend who's had both knees replaced recently.  And I certainly
had post-surgery therapy!
The only times I've ever heard age being brought up as an issue in joint
surgery is with replacements--they often stall on those because there's
a limit to how long the replacement parts can last.  It sounds like you
seriously need a second opinion.  Is this something you can get through
the VA? (I'm a complete and confirmed civilian, so I have no idea how
these things work, governmentally). If it was a job-related injury, why
not pursue it through Workman's Comp?
--maire, sympathetically