[Artemisia] Feast for Loreili in Arn Hold

RoddSue at aol.com RoddSue at aol.com
Sun Oct 17 14:40:26 CDT 2004

The reservations are open...
There are 9 days left and we still have some reservations left.
Don't miss out!
Thank you for your patience.

Feast for Lorelei
November 13, 2004
Barony Arn Hold

Willcomen from the most glorious lands of Arn Hold.
The trading seasons have been good to us and it is time to honor Lorelei.
Like the Grecian Sirens, it is she who calls to the sailors to ruin while their
boats travel down the grand Rhine River.
The members of House of Von Osten See now requests all to come and celebrate
the Harvest and good fortune.  We plan to give thanks to Lorelei in the form
of a great period German Feast in thanks that our ships were kept safe from her
songs.
There are limited reservations for the Great Feast.  While for the low feast
of Chicken Barley soup and Bread, there is no reservation required.

The Great Feast shall consist of 6 courses:
Eins:  Fruit
Zwei:  Chicken Barley Soup with Dark Bread
Drei:  Trout Pasties, Smoked Salmon with a butter peabroth sauce, and  a
Puree of Leeks
Vier:  Chicken Buns, Chicken with Sour Cherry Sauce, Rice, Puree of Carrots,
and Caraway Bread
Funf:  Roasted Venison, Beef Sauerbraten, Rutabagas, and Red Cabbage
Sechs:  Apples, Pears, Nuts and Cheese

Activities throughout the day shall include Classes, Armored combat and
Rapier combat, with themes suitable to the day.  There shall also be a Mini Arts
and Sciences competition with the entries consisting of:  hand made wood items,
and costuming accessories and embellishments.  If there are any questions
regarding the Mini Arts and Sciences please contact the Baronial Minister of Arts
and Sciences.

The Pre-Paid Reservations for the high feast shall be accepted from October
5th to October 26th.  There are only 30 places available for this feast!  Once
your pre-paid reservation of $15.00 is received, you will be sent more
information.
Please send your pre-paid reservations in the form check or money order, made
out to the Barony Arn Hold to:
Wendell Weller
7850 Arlington Drive
Nampa ID 83687

The cost for the Low Feast is $5.00.
The cost of site is $8.00 ($11.00 with the non-member surcharge).

The revelry for the day shall take place and Whitney United Methodist Church,
3315 Overland Road, in Boise, Idaho.  Take I-84 to the Vista Avenue exit,
#53.  Go north (towards the foothills) to Overland road and turn Left.  The
church is on the SE corner of Overland Road and Owhyee Street.  There is parking in
the front and behind the new church building.

Please visit the Barony Arn Hold website for more information.
http://www.barony-of-arnhold.org/

Contact information (Please no calls after 9:00 pm)
Event Steward:
Lady Celestine of Arn Hold
Susan Graves-Cox
2606 B Shoshone