[Artemisia] Teachers Needed!!! Estrella War Collegium

Estrella Collegium estrellacollegium21 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 11:30:26 CDT 2004

Teachers Needed!!! Estrella War Collegium

Greetings to all artisans!
For those of you planning to attend Estrella War XXI (2005),
please help support the Arts & Sciences Collegium! We are looking
for teachers for all areas and would love to have you share your
expertise. All classes are scheduled on a first-come first-serve
basis so get your name in early; also consider teaching your class
two or three times, that way more students will be able to share your
knowledge and enjoyment of your subject. Also don't be afraid to
teach the same class as someone else, we have four days to fill and
not everyone who attends the Saturday class was there for the
Thursday class! In addition we would love to have some Service and
Fighting classes to add to the mix, so if you have an idea don't
hesitate to send it in. Please bear in mind this is a primitive site
so plan your handouts and demonstrations accordingly and feel free to
ask the Collegium coordinators if you have any concerns about your
classes.

Some thoughts to inspire …
1. Estrella War draws over 6000 people from across the country,
this means you can educate, inspire and assist in spreading
enthusiasm for A&S on a large scale.
2. The more people who enjoy an art form, the more people for
you to discuss those little details with.
3. Finding people who enjoy the same things you do is a great
way to make friends and wonderful war memories.
4. You can do a first-run of a class and get feedback on how to
fine tune it for later.
5. Bringing all those handouts can take space in your car, but
after they're gone there's more space in your car to fill on
merchants row!

Class Ideas…
Bobbin Lace, Blackwork, Middle Eastern Dance, Doublet Making, Bodice
Construction, Western Dance, Brick Oven Cooking, Lucet, Embroidery,
Amber Carving, Lampwork Beads, Italian Persona, Rapier Combat,
Brewing, Making a Wooden Chair, Drumming, Feastocratting, Running
Waterbearing, Gothic Gowns and Houppelands, Sandcasting, Recipe
Redaction, Making Period Shoes, Jewelry Making, Etc. Etc. Etc.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please send them to
me, or feel free to speak with any of my staff!

You will find a copy of the teacher sign-up sheet online at
http://WWW.EstrellaWar.org
Please send thru email or smail before November 1 so that we may
print your class in the Estrella War Gatebook.

YIS,
Turrel

Lady Turrela Michelovna Vidmeyera
Lady Katherine Bradon of Carlisle