[Artemisia] Cabin Logistics at Uprising

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:22:06 CDT 2005

In answer to my query,

>>Where would I look to find information on reserving a cabin for the
>>Uprising
>>weekend? I've been told the site has sturdier shelter for those of us who
>>don't camp well, but I couldn't find any mention of such on the web page.

the gentle Niall Logan suggested:

>Perhaps you are referring to Dragons Tear July 15-17 Hosted By Stan Wyrm.
>The
>site has 9 bunkhouse cabins that will house 8-10 people.

No, I'm still planning for Uprising--but thank you for the information.
Knowing there are cabins available makes Dragon's Tear a more feasible trip
for me.

Then the kind Rowena of Falkirk volunteered:

>Two years ago I checked out the cabins at Uprising and found that I needed
>to contact the >owners of the site, guest ranch, in order to book one. They
>were more than willing to reserve it for me. There are only a very few
>however, two or three.

Aha. I'd better grab one quickly, then. Thank you for that.

And Lord John himself said:

>I don't list them for a few reasons, biggest being there are a very few of
>them and it is not exactly on-site (Just Really close).

As long as they're Closer Than My Hotel at Estrella, that's just fine.

>They are called the "Cut Throat Inn"  I know Lady Bethoc will be staying in
>one and has the
>details.

Actually, it was Mistress Bethoc who first told me about the cabins several
weeks ago. She didn't have the information at hand just then. But thank you
for the name. Her Ladyship Isabeau de Sevigney managed to dig up the phone
number to the ranch for me...which I promptly forgot to scribble down before
dashing out to work this morning. {memo to self: refill those meds!}

These bits and pieces are enough to get me started. Many thanks,

Aurora
the untentable