[Artemisia] Re: Cabin Logistics at Uprising

leishman10 at juno.com leishman10 at juno.com
Tue Apr 12 19:40:37 CDT 2005

Greetings Aurora

There are several non-camping situations within a very reasonable
proximity of the Uprising event site:

Last year when we were all busy trying to decide whether or not it was
time to start building an arc for Mudrising,  Robert of Bedlam informed
us about Cutthroat Inn. Initially, all we really wanted was to find
someplace where it was warm and dry.  Boy was I surprised.... I really
really like the cabin we used, the decor was great, the beds were
actually comfortable, and the cleaning was impeccable, gets multiple
stars in my book.... The pictures on their web side do not do justice to
the interior... in my mind this one is very much worth the price.  Also
consider this... 2 queen size beds in each... get with the right folks,
and you can split the cost ;0) The rooms have a small fridge, microwave,
and tv... if memory serves though, the only thing that plays on the tv is
vcr movies (reception issues), and heaters (ahhhhhhh the relief).
Showers have nice hot water (ahhhhh even better)  I think we'll be paying
somewhere in the neighborhood of $85 a night.... but like I said... worth
it to me.  Contact information is:   http://www.cutthroatinn.com/

Mountain River Ranch is where Robert of Bedlam will be spending his
sleeping periods this year. Since their advertising states that they are
conveniently near restrooms, showers, etc... Says they are 'rooms', and
he referred to them as cabins, so I suspect they are very much like
'sheds' of assorted sizes??? I also suspect that although they are far
less expensive than Cutthroat Inn, they are lacking in certain amenities
that some of us who use the option of renting rooms, prefer... i.e.
private restrooms and showers ;0)... doesn't say anything about heat,
which is also important at some events... contact information is:
 http://www.mountainriverranch.com/rooms.html

There is also a larger facility a little but up the road (if you take a
left turn, instead of right) and follow the road up the hill. Don't know
if they have cabins, it looked to me more like a cabin style hotel... and
by the way, they have a hot springs and a pool... don't know if they are
one and the same.   Don't know the name of that place though, so I can't
give you any contact information for them. sorry.

Sounds like yer thinking about going to Uprising... if you do, see you
there.

Bethoc