[Artemisia] Uprising confirmation suggestion

John Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Sun Apr 24 22:51:26 CDT 2005

:-I have a suggestion for next year.  No, it won't help for those who
:-have already sent in their pre-registration.
:-Ask those who wish to have a confirmation Snail Mailed to them to
:-include a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) with their
:-registration.  Then the only additional expense is printing the form,

NO, No no no no, I print Postcards, much much much easier for me.  I can
print big stacks and lables in a day for the whole pile.  Oh please don't
get me wrong, but I got away from the SASE for a reason, it was too much
work.  I do 1 run on my printer of lables, and one of postcards, 4 to a
sheet.  Then I spend the rest of the day attaching lables and stamps.  (I
have thought of mailing out blank postcards with the PRN# as part of the
address, but I've had someone tell me that would overly confuse people.)  If
you really want to be nice, maybe include a stamp for each pre-reg (Postcard
stamps are also cheaper. 23 cents last year.) or better yet, buy me a new
faster laser printer.  HP 6p would be real nice....

The things I start out of boredom, and regret.

Lord John Gilson, HUH?
Locksmith, Baroness's Musketeer,
Sergeant Major, Black Wing Company,
Rapier Marshal, Barony of One Thousand Eyes, Artemisia
Come to Uprising XIX www.uprisingwar.org