[Artemisia] Quest 2005: The War of the Roses

Crystal Olsen jaquelinne at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 23:05:02 CDT 2005

Quest 2005: The War of the Roses
www.freewebz.com/gryphonslair/quest/main.htm

Memorial Day Weekend - May, 27 – 30

Hear ye! Hear ye!

As the frost lifts from the ground, and the land emerges from its winter
slumber, the Shire of Gryphon’s Lair is caught between the factions of
Lancaster and York in Quest 2005:  The War of the Roses. The shire does
summon all who would journey on the great quest to unite these two great
houses.

The centerpiece of the event is the Quest itself, teams will be formed
consisting of a heavy fighter, a rapier fighter, an archer, a lady, and
child (there is no limit to the number of children on a team, as every child
that enters will receive a prize!)

In addition Quest plays host to our shire heavy and rapier championships;
anyone may enter, but only a member of the shire may hold the title.

This year also marks a first for the event, we will be hosting a Rose
Tourney. This tournament is for both heavy and rapier, and will require not
only martial prowess, but skills in other areas as well. This tourney
requires registration at troll point.

Two buy-a-fighter torchlight tourneys round out the fighting. These
tournaments are going to be used for a kingdom fundraiser and will feature a
unique card system designed to add some fun and excitement to the event.

A “Wool to Whatever” contest beckons for those artisans interested in the
fiber arts. Full rules and instructions are available on the Quest website,
along with rules and information for all of the other tournaments and
competitions.

On Saturday night there will be a feast on the green (menu to be posted on
the website) This feast is special - there is a critical component of the
Rose Tourney that will occur. We encourage all to attend.  The feast is
capped at 60 but there will be off-board areas for all to enjoy.

Merchants are always welcome, and a donation to the prize coffer will waive
2 adult site fees! Contact the autocrats to pre-register. For merchants,
site opens at 8:00 AM on Friday, May 27, 2005.  The eric must be cleared of
vehicles by 12:00 PM, no exceptions.

For all others, site opens at 1:00 PM Friday, May 27, 2005, and closes at
2:00 PM Monday, May 30, 2005. Site is Wet, you must pack out what you bring
in.

Site Fee: $15.00 For Adults
$5.00 For Children (16 and under)
A $3.00 non-member surcharge will apply.
Children under 3 are free.  Family Cap of $40.00 for members

Feast Fee $8.00 for Adults
$6.00 For Children. (Feast cap of 60)
Please pre-register for feast by May 13, 2005.  Send fees to the autocrat.
Make checks payable to the Shire of Gryphon’s Lair, SCA Inc.

The event will be held at the Mount Ogden Archery Range, east of Ogden in
Weber Canyon.

>From the north: Take your best route to I-15 South to Ogden.  Take the I-84
East exit.  Follow I-84 to exit 96, the Peterson/Stoddard exit, then follow
the signs toward Stoddard.  Once you are on the frontage road, the site is
1/2 mile east, on the right,

>From the south: Take  I-15 north to the Riverdale road exit, follow
riverdale road to I-84 East, and take I-84 East to exit 96, the
Peterson/Stoddard exit, then follow the signs toward Stoddard.  Once you are
on the frontage road, the site is 1/2 mile east, on the right.

Contact:   Lord Grifon de Radonvilliers: (801) 725-2616 (No calls after
9:00PM)
                  grifonderadonvilliers at comast.net
                  1641 N. 2140 W., Clinton, UT 84015

                  Master Corwin Breemore:     (801) 782-0326 (No calls after
9:00PM)
                  holladay at surfbest.net