[Artemisia] Coronation bids for Morgan and Esabell

DK Wickstrom dkwickstrom at cableone.net
Fri Apr 29 08:49:42 CDT 2005

Greetings from Morgan and Esabell Crown Prince and Princess of Artemisia.

We would like to take this opportunity to request bids for our upcoming
Coronation, September 12.   We would encourage any group in this fair
Kingdom to put in a bid.  We would ask the following considerations be made.

¨     That you not be intimidated by this list, it really isn’t that bad.
¨     That there be a kingdom fundraiser.
¨     That the site be able to accommodate 200 nobles of our fair kingdom.
¨      That if an outdoor site is selected there should be a rain plan able
to accommodate the guests and       activities.  The use of pavilions would
be encouraged, but fighters can fight in the rain, hail or snow.
¨     That it be a wet site.
¨     That the site must have accommodation for three private royal rooms,
small rooms for Their Majesties and  Excellencies to conduct private
business.  One of these rooms should be large enough to         accommodate
a peer circle (at least 15-20 people).
¨     That a period ambiance be attainable at the site - no obvious
basketball hoops during coronation.  We     understand that this either
limits the site possibilities or requires extra decoration, please keep it
in       mind while looking at sites.  As we assume the feast will be
candlelit or otherwise not so well lighted,        we are less picky about
the atmosphere.
¨     That the site will be available until midnight, giving plenty of time
for the day’s activities and the inevitable         clean-up.
¨     That there is a suitable area for the King’s champion, Queen’s
champion and Rapier champion       competitions within a safe walking distance.
¨     That there be children’s activities to keep our youngest members safe
and occupied during the day’s       festivities.  We do want to include
children; we also understand that there are many children of
varying        attention spans and sometimes they need other
options.  Parents are always responsible for their own    children, but
giving them an option for an hour of two off is always appreciated.
¨     That there be a feast.  We are open to suggestion but we would
encourage as flamboyantly a period feast   experience as possible e.g.,
multiple meats with sauces; few if any New World vegetables;
several       removes of several dishes each; possibly a wild boar for the
head table.  Remember that the head table  may receive more and different
dishes than the populace, but the Crown Prince promises to
share         since he is a table hopper anyway.
¨     That there be a war/fighter’s practice on Sunday with a pot-luck or
other picnic for the non-fighters.    Something not to formal, possibly
without a court at all, but time for people to socialize and relax
in         garb.

We look forward to working with those of you brave enough to put in bids.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you’re interested, so we can have
an idea of what to expect.  We will accept formal bids until May 23 and
make a decision within the week.

Thank you, and looking forward to the party in September,

Morgan et Esabell

--
DK Wickstrom, ska Morgan d'Antioche
DarkHeart Armoury "...a tradition of Fine, Custom Armour