[Artemisia] An Open Letter - Faith

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 15:18:42 CDT 2005

Greetings,

Although I too have a visceral reaction that the Kings word is law and the BoD has no place in dictating who may or may not become peers in a Kingdom, I think it would be wise at this point to show a little faith in the Peers of our sister (brother?) Kingdom of the Outlands.  They know of this matter intimately (theoretically) and we should grant them some credit for that.

One would assume that the King Hoegaarden, whom most of us know from his many trips to our lands, would not be unjust and that he is likely responding to the will of the peers of the Outlands.  This would likely be why this has been passed on to the BoD as it is the will of the majority of the peers (which I believe Sir Daniel points out) of that Kingdom.

I suggest that rather than judge a situation of which we have only secondary knowledge at best, it would be better discussed privately.  Admittedly since the issue is partly with our beloved friend, fellow and brother Brahim and his lady we may have strong feelings, but still speculation before the fact of a decision in regard to His Grace seems counterproductive.  I would not like the peers of another Kingdom to judge and contradict the majority of the peers of Artemisia on what I consider Artemisian business and I suggest we give our Outlandish fellows that respect as well.

That being said, I do support Sir Daniel completely in his belief that the BoD has no place in the peer politics of individual Kingdoms.

But if the BoD is asked to interfere by the populace and peers, who do we have to blame but ourselves?

Sincerely and with respect to all those involved in this issue and discussion,

Sir Conrad von Zuberbuhler
Artemisia