[Artemisia] Silver Pass X update

Adriana adriana_riverhold at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 15:08:36 CDT 2005

Greetings to all,
     By now you should have in hand the July and August issues of Sage
Advice with our shire’s advertisement for Silver Pass X.
Here are some updates.
     If you are not bound for the Barony of Arn Hold and Raptor War, I
hope to greet you at Silver Pass X, Sept. 2--5.

Adriana of RiverHold
Autocrat, Silver Pass X
Shire Rio de las Animas, Kingdom of the Outlands

            Food Merchant at Silver Pass X
The Silver Pass X merchant-ocrat has arranged for an excellent
food merchant, who will serve a delicious breakfast buffet from 8 to 10
am (one trip, $6),
followed by a lunch and dinner menu from 11 am on.
Look for a variety of gyros, burgers and hot dogs, veggie burgers and
hot dogs, sodas and other items all at very reasonable prices.

Site Opens: Noon, Friday, Sept. 2; Closes: Noon, Monday, Sept. 5
San Juan Basin Research Center, 18683 State Hwy 140, Hesperus CO 81326
Directions: (directions and a map are at "http://www.silverpass.info/"
)
     From the north -- make your best way to Durango, Colorado. At the
intersection of Highways 550 and 160 (DoubleTree Hotel), travel west
10.1 miles on US Highway 160. Turn south (left) onto Colorado State
Highway 140, travel 4.3 miles. The site is on the left at mile marker
19.
     Site Fees: $10 adults (+nms $3 if no proof of membership), $5 ages
6--17, under 6 free.

Restrictions and other information:
Make checks payable to SCA--Rio de las Animas.
Site is discreetly wet, period containers please.
There is no potable water on site; pets must be on a leash and attached
to a person or other solid object.
Please respect the privacy of your fellow campers, do not film or
videotape without permission of the autocrat.
Due to our busy activity schedule, we ask that you contact the autocrat
before the event if you wish to have any special activity or
tournament.
Conditions permitting, we hope to have permission for above ground
fires.
Our site is at 7600 feet altitude. Nights tend to be cool and there
could be some rain, please plan accordingly.
Updates, weather and fire restrictions will be available at
"http://www.silverpass.info/"