[Artemisia] Update 1b- An Open Letter Re: Ibrahim and Ileana andthe Board of Directors

Dan S. wyddershin at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:30:11 CDT 2005

Greetings,

And now the Responding letter from TRM Outlands. Both of these were
published in the Kingdom Newsletter and are public record.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings unto the mighty populace of the Outlands,

We have heard the wisdom and counsel of the peers and populace of Our
great kingdom. We thank each of you who chose to write us your thoughts
and feelings. For those that attended the Curia Regis in the Barony of
Dragonsspine, We give our thanks for your patience, counsel and love for
this kingdom. We are so proud of those who attended this meeting, your
passion and wisdom maintained a strong respect for each other and we
commend you. To Our faithful guards who stood vigilant for the seven
hours, we offer a hearty "Huzzah!" To all of you who dream of high
chivalric times recreated in the modern era, we are happy to walk at
your side.

We have listened to our kingdom's counsel regarding the issue of Duke
Ibrahim and Duchess Ileana and the process of bestowing the accolade of
knighthood upon Duke Lycurgus, and have come to the following
conclusions. While in many instances, it can be argued that the letter
of the law was followed, one cannot overlook that our kingdom's customs
and traditions were not. We are a proud kingdom, rich in our oral
traditions. The customs of our fair lands are what hold us together as
Outlanders and shine forth to the known world.

We apologize to all of our populace for not advising, as peers of the
realm, Ibrahim and Ileana to the best of our ability. While
opportunities to research the ceremony existed, we were too focused on
our own coronation ceremony to give it the attention that it deserved.
In truth, as peers we each supported the elevation of Duke Lycurgus, but
the representation of our support as Crown Prince and Princess was not
appropriate. We apologize for any appearance that we may have used our
position as Crown Prince and Princess within the ceremony of Duke
Lycurgus' knighting. We are sorry that we did not give the ceremony
involved our absolute and full attention.

We swore an oath to honor and defend those rights of our peers, as well
as those of our populace. While it may not have been their intent,
Ibrahim and Ileana have done an injustice to our kingdom by bestowing a
peerage in a manner that is counter to our traditions and culture. We
feel it is improper for their Graces, or any future monarch of the
Outlands, to carry out a ceremony that would leave out several important
pieces of a peerage ceremony that is the mark of an Outlands Peer. The
accolade of knighthood bestowed upon Duke Lycurgus is not in question,
he is a knight. However, the process of bestowing the accolade is the
responsibility of the Sovereign and Consort. In this effort, Ibrahim and
Ileana did not follow the customs and traditions of the Outlands. In
conclusion, Ibrahim and Ileana were wrong in bestowing the accolade of
knighthood in the manner in which the ceremony was conducted, but were
well within their rights to conduct the knighting of Duke Lycurgus.

Mighty with Justice, Tempered with Mercy,

Hoegaarden II Chiara
King Queen