[Artemisia] more on knee issues

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:07:37 CDT 2005

I had been wondering why the knee was not getting better.  Last month, I had
a disability review, which showed the repair had been compromised by about
ten percent, even though I had done everything I had been told to, and
nothing that I had been told not to.  Yesterday at my follow-up VA
appointment, we found out that I have a Cyclops Lesion.

OK … this was a new one on me; what the heck is a Cyclops Lesion?  Some web
search shows the following:

Definition
A cyclops lesion is a complication of anterior cruciate ligament surgery,
where the new replacement ligament slowly strips away and bundles into a
knot, jamming up the 'intercondylar notch' and preventing the knee from
fully straightening. The lump sometimes looks like the central eye of a
mythical 'cyclops' monster, hence the name.

In short … the repair is eating itself.

There will be another MRI … as soon as the VA can schedule it, to determine
growth rate, which will in turn determine my place on the surgery schedule.

Leave us hope it will be less than the two year wait it took to get the
original surgery scheduled.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Reach inside your self: find the joy in simple laughter.

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com