[Artemisia] Fw: Why I joined the SCA

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Thu Aug 11 07:45:17 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan li Rous" <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
To: "SCA-Cooks maillist SCA-Cooks" <SCA-Cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:17 PM

> I'm editing and adding some stuff to this file, and I was touched by this
particular message, so I thought I'd post it here. While I  labeled this as
off-topic, it does mention SCA feasts...

 SCA-reasons-msg   (32K)  8/11/05    The reasons various people joined  the
SCA.
 The updated version of this file should be online within a week or two.
  Stefan

 Why I joined is not important...a chance occurrence with a fringe Sca'ers
in my early military days...
> But why I stayed......
 I stayed because I found in the SCA a group of people who valued what  I
was  taught to value. That Honor, and Honesty, and Courage (yes, with
capital  letters) were "important" in this Society.  That the values I had
been
taught (by my parents) had finally found a place where they were valued.