[Artemisia] Second Open Letter Re:Ibrahim and Ileana and the BoD

Dan S. wyddershin at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:57:54 CDT 2005

Greetings,

> Sir Dan, you should express your strong feelings to the BoD.  Please note
> that while this matter has received much "air time" here on our list, it
> has
> not yet been addressed by the BoD other than "to begin an investigation".
> At this point you are reacting to possible outcomes that are by no means
> certain.  You feel that Ibrahim and Ileana had good reasons for their
> actions, the explanation you posted semmed reasonable to many here, it is
> not impossible that the BoD will simply say "next time, a little more
> talk,
> a little less action".  You are assuming that they WILL be sanctioned,
> perhaps you should consider that they are innocent until found guilty.
>
> Morgan

I must admit that it has been my perception that the BoD and Corporation has
exhibited 'feature creep' more and more in the direction of centralized
control of the Kingdoms at the expense of the Crowns over the years. As an
organization that was founded mostly to provide good postage rates and cheap
insurance they have consistently changed our game over the years (generally
without our direct input) to be more Corporate driven and less 'medieval' in
government.

Whether you agree with the above or not, the simple fact is the
investigation is going on as we speak and a decision will likely be rendered
at the next BoD meeting. The time to make your voices heard is BEFORE that
decision, not after. That is all I'm saying.

I do agree with His Grace that all messages to the BoD should be respectful
and as factual as you can make them, but it IS important that the voices of
the 'membership' (don't get me started on THAT term) be heard at this stage
of the game. Swaying opinion during an investigation is far easier than
trying to get an institution to change it's mind and admit it made a
mistake.

Trust me on that one.

In Service,

Sir Daniel