[Artemisia] Whipping winds Info

Beothuk beothuk at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 22 18:58:55 CDT 2005

                                      Whipping Winds II

The Incipient Shire of Northgate invites one and all to gather for Whipping Winds II, August 26 - 28 at Williamson Park outside Shelby Montana.  Our site this year will provide ample shade and a break from the wind being located amongst the cottonwoods along the banks of the Marias River.  The weekend will be filled with classes, archery, and armored combat all culminating in our pig roast feast on Saturday evening.  A soup kitchen will be available on Friday as a Shire fundraiser.  Merchants are welcome and fee is a donation to our auction that will be held during feast.

The site will open 10 am. On Friday August 26 and close at 4 pm. on Sunday the 28.  Site fee is $12.00 per adult, children 10 and under at $6.00.  Family cap on site fee is $35.00.  All non-SCA members will be required to pay a $3.00 nonmember surcharge for each person attending.

Feast fee is $8.00 per adult, children 10 and under $4.00

Family cap for feast is $25.00.  Make checks payable to Incipient Shire of Northgate.

The Marias River passes along the edge of the site property which will offer wading or swimming if the temperature is warm.  Parents please keep watch over your smalls.  Children's activities are planned but we remind all that this is not a babysitting service. Site does have 2 playgrounds for the young or young at heart.

Directions: Take the best route to Interstate HWY 15.  Take exit 358 and follow the route to Williamson Park.  There will be signs to guide you along the frontage road.  If you cross the river at base of the hill you have gone too far.  The town of Shelby is 7 miles North of site.  Town has motels, food and grocery stores but specialty items may be hard to find. Plan Ahead.  Site is wet but please use period containers.  Water will be available on site.

Autocrats: HL Terrell al-Qasab and m'Lady Shalama

                  (406) 434-3177               (406) 424- 8868

                  Dabucha1 at earthlink.net

Feast Stewards: HL Mirr Merat al-Qasab and m'Lord Walter

                    (406) 434-3177             (406) 424-8868