[Artemisia] Midge Marsh Court Antics

tangl tangl at myway.com
Mon Aug 29 10:53:44 CDT 2005

Good Morning Good Gentles!

I wanted to say a personal thank you to everyone who attended Midge Marsh Investiture. It is important to celebrate the making of a new Barony, especially since it is simultaneously the youngest child and the first born. That sort of event is notable. Their Excellencies Gryphon's Lair were stunning and very gracious, as were all the Royalty who sat this momentous court and I am grateful for all Their Indulgence as I heralded for Their Excellencies of Arn Hold.

I especially want to apologize profusely to anyone whom I offended with my court antics. Most of us attend court for the pageantry and the spectacle that is court, and having some cut-up in the corner can really take away from that experience, especially if their timing is off. Thus, if you are amongst those whom might have felt displeasure at the foolishness of my heraldry, I wanted to sincerely apologize.

I especially want to thank Their Majesties and Their Highnesses for A) Not disintegrating me with impressive laser beams known to shoot menacingly from Their Lovely Eyes, B) not having me killed for a stale ham sandwich, and C) being gracious and generous with Their Court and Their patience for a goofy old friend with a terrible habit of ruining court.

Seriously though, I do apologize for any offense I made, especially to Their Excellencies Gryphon's Lair. This was their big day and they pulled it off splendidly! A grand VIVAT for all their people and for all of us who get a new Barony to the Rolls.

I also want to thank Their Excellencies for the fabulous barbecue They hosted. It was a great end to a great day.

Maitresse Tanglwyst de Holloway
Barony of Arn Hold
Kingdom of Artemisia

-If you can't be a good example, at least you can be a horrible warning.~ Catherine