[Artemisia] Barbarian Bash X

John Lawler woodmancreations at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 08:33:19 CDT 2005

BARBARIAN BASH X
Ten years of Barbarianism!

September 21 - 25, 2005

The Shire of Crystal Crags is honored to host for all the populace the tenth
anniversary of Barbarian Bash! This year we are going all out to make it the
best Bash ever. Take a look at what awaits those who dare mingle with
BARBARIANS!

Site opens on Wednesday at noon.

Fighting scenarios galore! Three separate heavy weapons tourneys:

The Shire of Crystal Crags' Heavy Weapons Champion- This is open to ANY
non-belted fighter and will be set up by last year's winner HE Baron Sir
Llywellyn from the Barony of Sentinels Keep.

The Castle Silver Oak Defenders Tourney- Hosted by Lord Ely and open to all
fighters of any rank. Handmade prizes for 1st-3rd places…could be a bed???
Both fights will be fought in the awesome fighting arena.

The tourney to show his love for his lady hosted by m'Lord Roibeard
macCarthaigh. He will host a tourney and then fight the winner of said
tourney in a three weapons style final.

Melees are plentiful and at your leisure: Open field scenarios, broken field
battles, werewolf hunt, bridge battles and anything else wanted. We are
keeping the schedule loose to allow a variety of scenarios. I will try to
accomodate as many scenarios as you can handle. Contact me privately to ask
for something specific. (woodmancreations at hotmail.com)

And a special treat for you heavy fighters: Duke Guy from Caid will be in
attendance and he wants to fight the best. He would also like to work with
our younger fighters as well. He will be arriving on site on Thursday
evening. So he will be available to fight both Fri. and Sat. He will be
entering the prize tourney and fighting bye fights.

There will be archery targets and competitions set up, and spear and knife
throwing. There will be a caber toss competition as well. There is a Gold
Dollar Torchlight axe throwing tournament- gold dollar buy in- winner take
all!

Classes and More! We have numerous classes already being offered this year:
Lady Mir will teach belly dancing, HL Willum will be teaching Astronomy,
Tapered candle making, and a courtly graces class, Lady Elise will be
teaching a class on Tunic making (bring 4-5 yds of material if you want to
make one at the event). Others being offered are: Embroidery, ring making,
furniture making with Ely, Serger Basics with Mom, and others to come. Check
the website often for schedules and changes.

If you are interested in teaching a class or would like to be a merchant,
contact - Lady Orianna de Poitou at 406-257-8580

An authentic Celtic wedding will be held Friday afternoon.

Best Barbarian competition - all event long…dress the dress, walk the walk,
talk the talk, of a barbarian…break out those furs!

Kids: Boffer tourney for the smalls and kids activities all event long
prizes for all!

Auction: Another huge auction is scheduled and they are crazy!

This site is wet but period containers please.
PETS AND SMALLS ON LEASHES!!. All droppings will be returned to the owner!

Feast: There will be a main gathering for feast to announce winners of
competitions, bardic, etc. Bring your own food, or purchase from our vendors
or from the Brotherhood. The brotherhood kitchen is limited to 40 people so
reserve your space early. Contact Qadi Dahoud for reservations:
qadidahoud at yahoo.com. If you are having a kitchen and would like others to
join please contact me and I will post a message or please feel free to post
one yourself.

Site Fees: Wed.-Sun $15.00 - Fri-Sun $12.00 - Kids under 10 free!

Location: Castle Silver Oak 280 Trap Rd. Columbia Falls, MT 59912

Directions: Take your best route to Kalispell, MT and State Hwy 93. In the
center of Kalispell Hwy 93 and Hwy 2 converge. Take Hwy 2 north (actually
heads east) and continue to follow it until it converges with MT Hwy 35.
Head east on Hwy 35 for approximately 7 miles to Hwy 206 then take it north
for approximately 7 miles to Trap Rd. Turn west (left) on Trap Rd. and go
approx. ¼ mile to entrance. Look for signs. Make all checks Payable to Shire
of Crystal Crags SCA, INC.

Autocrat: Lord Ely O'lestlobain of Silver Oak 406-249-4131
Co-Autocrat: Lord Gerlach Sturemere 406-212-3064

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE BASH!

If you are interested in teaching a class or would like to be a merchant,
contact - Lady Orianna de Poitou at 406-257-8580

An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can still hold on to one blade of
grass and not fall off the face of the earth!