[Artemisia] Whipping Winds & Phoenix Rising

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Tue Aug 30 08:17:50 CDT 2005

 For those of you who stayed at home these past two weekends, shame on you!
There were 2 good events that came off very well!  Phoenix Rising was the
first, a new event co-hosted by 3 Shires.  Equestrian and Archery and
fighting, oh my!  yet plenty of time to sit & visit with old friends. The
dancing Saturday night was oh so wonderful! and I'm sorry I'm not able to
stay up late anymore. :(    The site is just on the city limits so if
camping is getting to be hard on you, there is the option of hotels or day
trip.  There is plenty of room to grow!   Their Royal Highnesses graced us
with Their Presence and it was a wonderful chance to visit with Them.

The one distraction was after the article of the event appeared on the front
page of the local paper Saturday,  we had many many visitors come, and there
didn't seem to be guides for everyone.  Kinda like a day long demo that
wasn't well organized . . . . .

Whipping Winds, hosted by the Incipient Shire of North Gate {Shelby MT} was
also very wonderful!  The site is a city park on the Marias River, where
there is wading available to help cool off.  Lots of shade, and again LOTS
of room to grow!  The town was very welcoming.  The neighboring group fom
Avecal & Barony of Montengard {Canada} came down for the fighting and
partying.  The Pig Roast was very yummy!  Lots and LOTS of food!  Again <I
sigh> too tired after the days' activities to help dance & party the night
away . . . . .

Mark your Calendars for NEXT year to be at these events!
a tired Caointiarn