[Artemisia] a new challenge

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:46:07 CDT 2005

Well said!

Women in period, and up until the 1930s often carried hand-work with them
(men's hands were usually occupied with the tools of their craft).  It was
only with the mass recruiting of women in the work force in WWI that women
no longer carried hand-work as a matter of routine.

As a referent, if you wish to find me at events, I am usually the one
walking around with a wad of tatting in hand and a ball of string leading to
a pocket pinned to my skirt.  I have no particular skill at it ... I just do
it to keep my hands busy.  (recall the adage "idle hands are the devils
playground" ... etc.  If my hands are full of tatting, or needle work, or
bobbin lace, or card weaving, then they are obviously not doing something
they ought not.

I would further encourage folks to research what would have been period for
them to have "in hand" and "show your work".

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Reach inside your self: find the joy in simple laughter.

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com