[Artemisia] Sad News

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Wed Aug 31 10:09:37 CDT 2005

I was asked by HE Lewellyn to pass this along if it was not posted last
evening...

As many of you have known or heard, Baroness Katya of Wealdsmere (Katie)
was in the process of moving to Missoula to take on a job here at the
Heart Institute. She has made many aquaintences and friends here during
her transition. Many may have even met her at Whipping Winds this past
weekend.

On her return trip to Spokane from the event, she stopped in Couer
d'Alene to refuel and while she was there, an emergency occured across
the block from where she was parked. Being a nurse she responded. Sadly,
in a cruel twist of fate she was struck by an oncoming vehicle while
crossing the street to the emergency. She was airlifted to Spokane in
critical condition. Initial prognosis is not good, and while her family
is with her, good thoughts and prayers would be very welcome.

We'll try to keep you all posted as news arrives. At this point we are
not even sure what hospital she is in.

HE Juliana
Sentinels' Keep